|COMPANY PROFILE > ADVANTAGES
ADVANTAGES Industrial radio control of cranes provides remote controlling of different types of overhead travelling cranes which are used at industrial enterprises and for other industrial purposes (construction, mining, port loading and unloading terminals, etc.)
Wireless remote control systems are used abroad since the middle of the last century and today are applied very widely, considerably increasing productivity, reducing labor costs and raising the work safety level.
Modern equipment for radio control of cranes is very compact. It is enough to pass a short training course to work with the system after which not only the qualified operators or hookers have the required skills but ordinary workers as well.
The embodiment of any radio control system is quite simple. It consists of two main blocks: the transmitter in the form of portable button or joystick remote control unit which is kept by operator and the receiver which is mounted directly on the crane. After receiving a command from the transmitter, receiver duplicates it into a controller which enables or cancels certain modes.
Due to introduction of the radio control of cranes it is possible to involve only one operator without need for other service personnel. Unlike similar control systems, operating through cable connections between the crane and remote, radio systems allow to completely withdraw the operator of the area of the crane work, which contributes to improved safety.
CONVERSION TO THE REMOTE FROM THE FLOOR
Currently, many cranes in workshops of domestic production enterprises are controlled by the same old way - by the crane-operators sitting in the cabin of the crane at a considerable height.
This way of control is not justified economically, because:
- It requires operator's professional qualifications;
- It cannot be achieved without the commands of the slinger standing below;
- It quires periodical technical expertise of Rostechnadzor (Institution of the technical supervision), which is fraught with bureaucratic red tape and possibly writing off quite serviceable lifting equipment.
All these difficulties will be removed after the reconstruction, which consists of the conversion of the crane to the remote form the floor, which is, in accordance with the recommendations of the guidance documents RD 24.090.90-89 may be implemented by:
- Button remote control strengthened on the overhead electric cable;
- Industrial wireless radio remote control.
The conversion of the crane to the remote form the floor will provide:
- minimization of financial expenses for technical service, repair, maintenance and the examination of industrial safety by representatives of Rostehnadzor;
- significant increase of durability, as after any regular examination of industrial safety, crane could be found unfit for further use and discarded;
- the possibility to reduce the position of crane operator, saving up to 300 thousand rubles annually with the average salary 25 thousand rubles, as according to the “Rules of arrangement and safe operation of cranes PB 10-382-00" p. 9.4.24” “the workers of the basic trade (the machine operator, mounter and others) are admitted to control the crane from the floor or stationary remote and to fixing the cargo on the crane hook after relevant training and test of skills for operating crane and slinging the cargo in due course according to the owner demand”.
However, the most significant advantage of such modernization is a possibility to withdraw crane from registration at the territorial authority of Rostekhnadzor as according to PB 10-382-00 p.9.1.3 “Bridge and jib cranes with carrying capacity up to 10 tons inclusive, controlled from the floor through the push-button device, suspended from a crane, or from stationary console are not subjects to registration in the bodies of Gosgortekhnadzor”.